ABOUT PROJECT 209:
Starting in August, top athletes in the region will gain access to Valley Surf’s Project 209 program, hosted at the River Islands Sports Complex.
Project 209 is an identification program allowing youth players to continue to play and train with their clubs while being provided the opportunity to showcase their quality and talent. Project 209 provides an opportunity for the region’s elite youth soccer players to be identified and developed, and scouted for inclusion in various top soccer programs.
FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF THE PROJECT 209 PROGRAM:
- The p209 Program is open to all players regardless of U.S. Soccer affiliation or lack thereof. Non Surf players will not be allowed to train unless they receive permission from their club Director of Coaching.
- There is no cost to players to be identified for or participate in the p209 Program.
- Players will be initially scouted within the environment they are most comfortable – their club training and competition environment. Clubs have the largest impact on player development, and club coaches and club competitions must be an integral part of the p209 Program.
- Players are rated and evaluated for inclusion in the program based up on a combination of: (i) objective and independent scouting information; and (ii) information from the players’ regular trainers and coaches.
- The p209 Program does not create significant additional demands on the calendar of the elite player.
Our first training camp is October 17th 2022. More information and program details will be shared at our Valley Surf Summit at the Great Wolf Lodge next month.